Whether you have a holiday full of activities planned or you’ve scheduled just a short weekend away—you will want to be healthy enough to enjoy your trip.
To avoid spoiling your holiday, eat snacks or meals that contain superfoods, which are packed with vitamins and other nutrients. Here are 10 superfoods to keep you going while you are on holiday:
1) Quinoa is high in both fibre and iron, and can help ease nausea.
2) Lemons are rich in vitamin C and act as an immune booster to protect against fevers and colds.
3) Beets can boost your stamina, which can help you fight off the effects of jet lag.
4) Dark cherries are an excellent source of melatonin, which can ease your nervous system and help you sleep.
5) Cantaloupes are rich in both vitamin C and potassium, which can give you a boost of energy. They also contain adenosine, which can help ease the effects of altitude sickness.
6) Ginger can help relax your muscles, reduce headaches, relieve congestion, ease your stomach and can even be used to treat sunburns.
7) Peppermint can help ease nausea or digestive troubles.
8) Probiotic yoghurt contains good bacteria that will help an upset stomach.
9) Goji berries can provide you with a burst of energy while also boosting your immune system and circulation.
10) Bananas are a great source of energy, and are also rich in potassium and magnesium, which boost the production of melatonin and help you relax.